PPG Industries has introduced a new vinyl acrylic interior wall, ceiling and trim paint that is designed for new and repaint applications in commercial and multi-family spaces.
Speedhide Pro-EV is available in a sealer and primer with three sheens and three bases. It is designed to provide fast, economical hiding and coverage, adhesion, uniformity and broad color-matching capabilities, according to PPG.
The low-odor, waterborne paint enables a space to be painted while occupied, PPG says.
It is suitable for application to concrete, gypsum wallboard/drywall, concrete/masonry block, plaster, ferrous metal, and wood.
The manufacturer says Speedhide Pro-EV offers:
• Less than 50 g/L VOC (before colorants);
• VOC compliance in all regulated areas;
• Good hiding power and coverage;
• Soap-and-water cleanup;
• A uniform flat finish for touch-ups;
• Application by spray, backroll, brush and roller;
• MPI approval in Categories 44, 53 and 54;
• Compliance with MPI Green Performance Standards (GPS-1 & GPS-2);
• Eligibility for LEED 2009 and LEED for Homes credit; and
• Compliance with NaHB Model Green Standards.
More information: www.ppgpro.com.