Collected technical expertise on the savings, effectiveness, standards and mechanisms of today’s air barrier technology is now available as a free new eBook from Durability + Design.
The Technology of Air Barriers offers eight in-depth articles on this fast-growing building-envelope technology.
Research at many leading institutions has demonstrated that controlling airflow through the building envelope is more important and effective at reducing heat loss and moisture transport than controlling vapor diffusion.
Controlling airflow can help reduce corrosion, deterioration of wall components, and mold growth, while improving indoor air quality and energy efficiency, the research shows.
The 36-page D+D eBook compilation consists of these expert-written articles:
• Air Barriers 101: Basic Theory and Design;
• Air Barriers: Simple Concept, Powerful Effect;
• Optimizing Exterior Wall Design through Performance Modeling;
• Going Retrofit: Upgrade of Building Envelope Delivers Remedy for Ailing Housing Complex;
• Proof Positive: ASTM E 2357 Standard Provides Method to Measure Air-Barrier Performance;
• NIST Investigation Takes Measure of Cost-Savings Potential of Air Barriers;
• Detail Oriented: Building Enclosure Expert Sees Integrated Design and Coordinated Planning as Essential to Constructing Systems that Work; and
• New Barrier on the Block? Making the Case for Coatings on CMU.
Click here to download The Technology of Air Barriers free.
Other Free eBooks Available
D+D has published several other eBook compilations on important topics related to architectural coatings. All are available as free downloads. Click on any title to learn more or to download the eBook:
• Reflective Roof Coatings
• Decorative Treatments for Concrete Floors
• The Technology of Concrete Floor Coatings