The Sansin Corp. (Ontario, Canada) introduced a “ready-to-use” formulation of Foundation™, a water-borne primer for interior and exterior wood surfaces.
The product is low-VOC, applies clear, and provides UV protection deep within the wood, the company says. Also, the product is reported to allow light finishes to enhance the natural beauty and distinctiveness of wood.
The primer can be used on various wood species including fir, pine, spruce, and cedar.
The company says the product:
• ensures dimensional stability;
• reduce checks and erratic movement;
• prevents discoloration, including joinery;
• improves topcoat performance;
• repels water;
• enhances the natural moisture resistance of wood surfaces by supporting breathability;
• can be used to treat wood with a moisture content up to 25%;
• cleans up with soap and water.
More information: www.sansin.com.