The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will accept bids Oct. 21, 2010, for exterior painting of the Forsyth County Courthouse, located in Cumming, Ga. The county will hold a mandatory pre-bid conference for the project on Oct. 12, 2010.
The first Forsyth County Courthouse was completed in 1834, two years after Forsyth County was created from Cherokee County. The original structure burned down in 1900. A new courthouse, comprised of a two-story brick building with a clock tower, was completed in 1905. This courthouse also burned down in 1973. The current courthouse was constructed in 1977, and has yet to be burned down.
The project involves pressure-washing, repairing, and re-painting exterior wood and aluminum surfaces. This includes all doors, trim, dormers, fascia, soffit, fencing, and railings as well as the clock tower, the gold dome, and the pillars. The surfaces will be refinished with an acrylic latex system.
Reported by Paint BidTracker, a construction reporting service devoted to identifying contracting opportunities for the coatings community.