Dewberry is seeking a Project Architect to work in the Fairfax, Va office.
Must be a self-starter, understand technical details of putting buildings together, and be able to maintain design intent while offering design improvement and collaboration through the process. Must be proficient in development of construction documents including drawings and specifications for institutional projects. Needs to take minimal instruction and go forward with projects or project components. Shall have the desire and ability to understand full project information from design through construction.
- Responsible for leading and developing detailed design and production of construction documents.
- Develop specifications and perform material, product selection and research.
- Perform code analysis.
- Assist designers and project managers in conceptual input on assigned projects.
- Responsible for monitoring of scope, schedule and budget on architectural aspects of projects.
- Responsible for developing architectural work plans and tasking, supervision and mentoring of assigned project personnel.
- Responsible for some construction phase shop drawing review and assembly of requests for proposals, change orders and closeout documentation.
- Proficiency in use of CADD and REVIT programs.
- Participate in the firm’s QA/QC program by serving as architectural discipline checker for assigned projects.
- Provide assigned collateral duties relative to the operation of the team.
- Assist in production standards.
- Perform other related work as apparent or assigned.