IPS has an immediate need for a talented Architectural Designer to join our industry leading team at our new, state of the art, corporate headquarters in Blue Bell, PA.
The Architectural Designer works with a team of Designers, Architects, and Engineers to develop design concepts which are incorporated into a final product that meets client specifications. This individual may supervise a less senior Designer or Drafter, but will primarily work on technical aspects of a project
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Develops architectural design concepts; prepares documents during design development phase. Corrects and updates design documents. Develops solutions to design problems.
Uses Revit to develop sketches, drawings, and construction documents that align with company design and CAD/BIM standards.
Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
Attends pre-bid meetings and assists the project team in evaluating commercial proposals.
- Ability to work as a team member and capable of interpreting the Project Architect's design requests.
- Proactively alerting team members of a project design change which may affect time and costs of the project. Keeps Project Team aware of workload and requests work when needed.
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion. Interacts with clients on a limited basis to secure scope and design intent.
- Routinely archives and retrieves data from electronic database for support of work.
- Research equipment selection from catalogs under the direction of the Project Designer/Engineer.
- Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary coordination.
- Coordinates architectural design work with related engineering disciplines. Attend job and construction meetings and participate in the coordination of the work.
- Basic understanding of building and associated drawings with the ability to search non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Supports field installation and start-up activities.
- Provides limited contribution to performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Rendering, diagrams, and special projects as assigned.