Safety, integrity, quality and people are the values that have made RAE Engineering and Inspection Ltd. the dynamic, growing company it is today. Our practice is focused on compliance and total asset integrity and RAE Engineering provides services in the areas of engineering and consulting services, inspection services, asset integrity management, laboratory services (metals and coatings), failure investigations and training.
We believe in treating our employees with respect and recognizing their skills and abilities by creating a challenging and satisfying work environment. We empower them with training and development and an expanded scope and breadth of work experiences.
RAE Engineering and Inspection Ltd. offers an attractive compensation package that includes competitive salary, excellent group health benefits, a group RRSP plan, a commitment to learning and development, a casual dress environment and free parking.
Want a job where you’ll never be bored?
The Coatings Specialist/Coatings Consultant is responsible for providing professional consulting services and expertise at a senior level to internal and external clients, and to serve as a company resource for polymer-based coating technology expertise. The Coatings Specialist/Coatings Consultant ideally has experience in laboratory coating testing and acts as a resource in laboratory business development, operation and troubleshooting.
- Conducts consulting work in the discipline of polymeric protective coatings for corrosion control in critical use areas. Day to day activities include:
- Failure investigation, including applicable field site work, critical analysis of data and field information, and litigation support as applicable.
- Senior level laboratory work or direction of technologists in laboratory work in research contracts, failure analysis, or complex testing programs
- Development of coating specifications
- Assistance to clients in coating selection for industrial service
- Report writing and review of reports written by others
- Mentors others and co-ordinates with the needs of in-house engineers and other consultants regarding coating services
- Supports coating inspection activities as required
This position also provides an opportunity to take on management responsibilities in coating consulting and laboratory services such as: strategic planning for the development and expansions of services; marketing activities to increase business volume; mentoring of other consulting or laboratory staff; and laboratory management.
- BSc (MSc or PhD) in Materials Engineering (or related discipline)
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer in Canada
- NACE certification is considered an asset
- Excellent technical ability and background in protective polymer coatings
- Experience in laboratory testing or research, or supervision thereof
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong goal orientation and self-motivated
RAE Engineering and Inspection Ltd is an engineering company that specializes in total asset integrity management. Our company has been in business since 1972 with a strong client base. Our company provides a variety of engineering and inspection services for pressure equipment, above ground storage tanks, pipelines, operational difficulties, specifications, failure analysis, coatings and linings. Services are provided mainly to the oil and gas industry, petro-chemical, utilities, pulp and paper and others.