FPC of Arlington Heights is looking for a strong Business Development Manager for our clients in the northeast. They are growing, expanding into new products and new markets. You will concentrate on continuing to build our sales and customer base in construction adhesives, colorants, sealants and coatings. Help us grow and be a part of our success!
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Responsibilities will include business development and sales management for Construction, Adhesives, Sealants, Coatings and Colorants accounts in North Eastern USA and eastern Canada.
- Location of the position is the Northeast area of the country. Flexibility is based upon the candidate. Proximity to a major northeast airport is a key (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, or New York).
- Travel requirement is 40-50%, with some of the travel outside the region for select accounts.
- Excellent negotiating, key account management, relationship building and business development skills with proven success required.
- Effective sales management experience in time and sales information management, communication and presentation skills, value added selling, competitive information gathering, managing all aspects of customer relationships, and efficient territory management.
- Some applications development/lab exposure is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma training and experience is a plus.
- Building key account relationships with existing and target accounts in assigned region. Managing regional Distribution in assigned territory
- Managing regional Distribution in the assigned territory.
- Managing pricing, profitability via negotiating price increases, supply agreements, new business growth.
- New business development primarily for acrylic emulsions in the Construction, Adhesives and Sealants segments.
- Calling on market leaders and key players, some directly and others in coordination with the EPS sales team. Increasing sales of existing, new products in the above segments.
- Defining unmet needs of key segments and coordinating product development to meet those needs.
- Identify other Construction, Sealant and PSA target accounts in coordination with the sales team.
- Help with new technology introduction: Emulsions, PUDs and other technologies.
- Developing appropriate product marketing information in coordination with the technical team.
- Generating leads for sales force and distribution.
- Developing competitive profiles and strategies.
- Competitive analysis: market share, emerging technologies, product and technology positioning.
- Participate as a member in the Construction, Adhesives and Sealants teams.
- Attend trade shows (ASC, PSTC, WOC, etc).